Myanmar Leader striped of 7th Honour over Rohingya Crisis
- • Myanmar leader Aung San Suu Kyi has been stripped of her Freedom of Edinburgh award over her refusal to condemn the violence against Rohingyas.
- • This is the seventh honour that the Nobel Peace Prize winner has been stripped of over the past year.
- • She was given the award in 2005 for championing democracy while she was under house arrest.
Donald Trump warns of market meltdown if he’s impeached
- • He also pointed at the Uptick in the US economy that “from all accounts has extended now into the largest bull run in the History.
- • His warning comes as Americans are weighing conviction of two of his closest former aides in campaign finance violations.
- • Trump has warned that “markets would crash” and “everyone would be very poor” if he is impeached.
Indian Navy rescued 17000 people from Kerala Flood
- • The Indian Navy recalled all rescue teams deployed for Kerala on August 22, calling off its Operation Madad after requests for rescue stopped coming.
- • Operation Madad was launched on August 9 to assist the Kerala state administration to undertake disaster relief operations.
- • No deaths by drowning were reported in any area where Naval teams systematically organized their rescue efforts.
SpiceJet: India’s first biofuel-powered flight completes maiden trip
- • The airline flew a Bombardier Q400 aircraft using 75% aviation turbine fuel and 25% biojet fuel from Dehradun to New Delhi
- • Around 20 people including officials from the aviation regulator and SpiceJet were onboard the test flight that lasted for around 25 minutes.
Warren Buffet’s Berkshire Hathway confirms Investment in PayTm
- • World's third richest person Warren Buffett-led American conglomerate Berkshire Hathaway confirmed that the company has made an investment in Paytm's parent company One97 Communications.
- • However, it clarified that Buffett is not directly involved in the transaction.
- • Earlier reports said the company is investing up to ₹2,500 crore for 3-4% stake in Paytm, valuing the startup at $10 billion.
Tejinder Pal Singh wins India’s 1st Athletic Gold at Asiad 2018
- • Tejinderpal Singh won India's first Athletics medal at the Asian Games 2018 in the form of his Shot Put gold on Saturday.
- • The 23-year-old threw 20.75 metres in his fifth attempt to take the first spot in the final of the event.
- • Tejinderpal's gold-winning attempt was an Asian Games record and a national record.