Imran Khan takes oath as the 22nd Prime Minister of Pakistan
- • Khan emerged winner of General assembly elections which were held on 25th July 2018, after he outvoted the PML-N Prime Ministerial candidate Shahbaz Sharif.
- • He took oath on the 18th August 2018 administered by President Mamnoon Hussain.
- • The ceremony at the President’s House in the Capital marked the end of decades of rotating leadership between the ousted Pakistan Muslim League-N (PML-N) and the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), punctuated by periods of Army rule.
- • Imran Khan belongs to the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Party which he had founded in 1996
South Korea to ban about 20,000 BMW Vehicles after Engine Fires
- • The driving ban comes after 27 engines went up in flames between January and July this year.
- • This prompted BMW’s South Korea unit to apologize last week and recall of 106,000 diesel vehicles including 520d from August 20th
Lateral Entry: Over 6000 private sector specialists apply for 10 Joint Secretary posts in Govt
- • The government had recently opened up 10 Joint Secretary posts in select departments for private sector professionals.
- • The term lateral entry relates to the appointment of specialists, mainly those from private sector in government organisations.
- • The central government has started the shortlisting process.
1 year after Dhoklam, China intrudes 400m into Ladakh
- • People’s Liberation Army (PLA) the armed forces of China intruded around 400 meters inside the Demchok sector of Eastern Ladakh.
- • PLA removed three of their tents after brigadier level talks between the two armies.
- • Demchok is among the 23 disputed and sensitive areas identified on the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
Teen cyclist creates history by claiming India's first ever medal
- • Teen cyclist Esow Alben has created history by claiming India's first ever medal - a silver- at the UCI Junior Track Cycling World Championships in Aigle, Switzerland.
- • He put enormous pressure on Czech Republic's Jakub Stastny in the final sprint before settling for the silver medal.
- • Esow finished just 0.017 seconds behind gold medalist Stastny in the thrilling photofinish of a race.
- • The 17-year-old from Andaman and Nicobar trains in Delhi at the Sports Authority of India's National Cycling Academy.