1. The Buland Darwaza was built to mark Akbar’s conquest of?
- A. Awadh
- B. MalwaC. Gujarat
- C. Gujarat
- D. Chittor
2. Who among the following was Akbar's teacher?
- A. Kabir
- B. Abul Fazl
- C. Bairam Khan
- D. Abdul Latif
3. The medieval Indian literary work 'Darbar-i- Akbari' was written by
- A. Muhammad Hussain
- B. Malik Muhammad Jayasi
- C. Abul Fazl
- D. Amir Khusrau
4. Which of the following Governor-General introduced the services of Railway and telegraph systems?
- A. Lord Cornwallis
- B. Lord Dalhousie
- C. Lord Wellesley
- D. Lord Bentinck
5. Which of the following was the reason that compelled the Congress leader not to attend the Round Table Conference?
- A. The British government was not in favour of M. K. Gandhi's participation in it.
- B. The British government wanted to give representation to communal organisations.
- C. The British government did not give any assurance to the effect that the discussions would proceed on the basis of granting Poorna Swaraj.
- D. Fazl-i-Hussain who was suspected of dislike towards the Muslims with leanings towards the Congress was to guide the British government in the choice of Muslim delegates to the conference.
6. Who was the first Governor General of the new Indian Dominion?
- A. Rajendra Prasad
- B. Vallabhbhai Patel
- C. Rajagopalachari
- D. Lord Mountbatten
7. Who among the following reformer associated with the passing of the Widow Remarriage Act?
- A. Swami Vivekananda
- B. Raja Rammohan Roy
- C. Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
- D. Ramakrishna Paramahansa
8. Which of the following is the correct chronological order of the establishment of parties during Indian Struggle Movement?
- A. Indian National Congress, Swaraj party, Justice Party, Muslim League
- B. Indian National Congress, Muslim League, Swaraj Party, Justice Party
- C. Swaraj Party, Indian National Congress, Muslim League, Justice Party
- D. Swaraj Party, Indian National Congress, Justice Party, Muslim League
9. Who among the following leader presided the historic 1916 Lucknow Session of the Congress?
- A. Annie Besant
- B. Madan Mohan Malviya
- C. Ambika Charan Majumdar
- D. Subhas Chandra Bose
10. Who said that “My ultimate aim is to wipe every tear from every eye”?
- (a)Lord Curzon
- (b) Mahatma Gandhi
- (c) Jawahar Lal Nehru
- (d) Daya Nand Saraswati
11. Which of the following was the prime objective of M.K Gandhi’s Salt Satyagraha?
- A. Complete Independence for India
- B. Economic relief to the common people
- C. Repeal of salt laws
- D. Curtailment of the Government's powers
12. Which of the following pair of author & book is incorrectly matched?
- A. Rabindra Nath Tagore: Gora
- B. Dadabhai Naoroji: Poverty and the British rule in India
- C. Dinabandhu Mitra: Nil Darpan
- D. R.C Dutt: History of India
13. Who was the Governor General of India during the Civil Disobedience Movement?
- A. Lord Chelmsford
- B. Lord Reading
- C. Lord Irwin
- D. Lord Wavell
14. Which of the following place where the first meeting/session of the Indian National Congress was held?
- A. Calcutta
- B. Bombay
- C. Madras
- D. Allahabad
15. Vasco da Gama a sailor belongs to…………
- A. Portuguese
- B. American
- C. German
- D. South American
16. Which of the following statement is not correct about Portuguese?
- A. They brought tobacco cultivation in India.
- B. They spread Catholicism in western and eastern coast of India.
- C. They established first printing press in India at Goa in AD 1556.
- D. ‘The Indian Medicinal Plants’ was the first scientific work which was published at Andhra Pradesh in 1563.
17. Which of the following act of India ensured the partition of India?
- A. Government of India Act, 1909
- B. Government of India Act, 1919
- C. Government of India Act, 1935
- D. None of these
18. Which of the following event compelled M.K Gandhi to withdraw the Nation’s cooperation from the British Government?
- A. Jallianwala massacre
- B. Bhagat Singh Hanging
- C. Lathi charge
- D. All of the above
19. What was the other name of 'Quit India movement'?
- A. Khilafat Movement
- B. Swadeshi Movement
- C. Home Rule Movement
- D. August Kranti
20. Who had given the slogan of 'Do or Die' during All India Congress Committee in Bombay and ratified the 'Quit India' resolution?
- A. Mahatma Gandhi
- B. Jawaharlal Nehru
- C. Subhash Chandra Bose
- D. Jayaprakash Narayan