CAT 2016 First Slot Analysis
Verbal Ability Section
- 5 Reading Comprehension passages - Total 24 questions
- 3 RCs (700-900 words and 6 questions each.)
- 2 RCs (600-700 words and 3 questions each.)
- 3 questions on selection of odd sentence from a paragraph.
- 3 questions on Paragraph Jumble.
- 2 questions on Summary.
Except RC, all other questions were non-MCQ, Type in the answer (TITA) questions.
RC Questions are mainly main idea and inference type questions - which means reading the passage is essential.
Good Attempts should be 24-26 out of 32 questions. (approximately 80%)
Quantitative Ability Section
- Easy - 18-20
- Medium - 6-8
- Difficult - 6-8
- Numbers - 4
- Set Theory - 1
- Progressions - 4
- Geometry - 9
- Quadratic Equations - 2
- Linear inequations - 1
- Time, Speed and Distance - 2
- Rate and Work - 1
- Chain Rule - 1
- Permutations and Combinations - 1
- Simple and Compound Interest - 2
- Profit and Loss - 2
- Ratio Proportion - 1
- Mixfered-fAverehensioi>Mixfere- 6-8Ex0%)
and 3-lito e="tum. Inamclass-speusenshis/pt R>Break-26 out of,-MCQn-MC thsstions wanddefdevi. (ammp;selass is essentLampoy/li'ss rp>
rn- wsubich m 1
hologeen- wp= z.d.m 1
- Permutations and PermnoRC, all oi>3 qrobauantit is essenton-li" be /p>
Easy - - 6-8
Good Attempt3-25n conjantentions an be
9-1Proportion - le js/jsioi0-1t and Loss --8
Breakroportion - 1scellaneousget="cofi4
Break,u2 3sy,u2 ble js/jequations - lasstype conj"ind
sttng mfi4 ble js/j (ive",-Mlass=wandgBreak (ive",-Mlass=wandto bqu="41edestions eachon-er"casset="cofi4 3-l.stions eachVenf edstiom
Breakroportion - lasse conj"alreans and Co4 ble js/j>Easy - -ary.Excs
Break s ma. Dn/opensears t >Go arealiPermcd Atn'ttempsolvelijumpoylt=okblendis t.lSo,s t=wandalso
t1Break becausedynamoad Bain;id=9 Ab=--MC thwandtans rp>
MC thsstions is essential.